Tuesday 1 December 2015

GUI Art #7 -- Notes and Paper Screen

This screen is actually being discussed as to whether be in the game or not. This is because it is not important, and we would rather focus on trying to make the game playable at the minute. As for the most part, I designed a few things to go on the screen, including the menu, a letter and an envelope.

This envelope explains to the player why they are at the factory. I put it in the envelope, because the idea is that it will look like this in the menu, then when you select it, the letter will pop out. I simply used an envelope from the internet and a piece of paper because we are still deciding whether to use it or not, I did not want to go into major detail, then have the group say we do not want this screen.

The piece of paper is simply a letter from "M". It explains why the player is at the factory, and has a little bit of backstory.

I made the image rather large, so Jem can place it anywhere, we had a problem with the main menu, where the black background didn't fit the screen, I do it this way so Jem can easily resize or move the menu, without having to go into photoshop.


This is a close up of the menu. I kept it to a similar design of the other menus. Since this is supposed to be a demo of the game, I added 6 boxes with question marks, so it looks like they are in use or available to unlock. I also put the letter in the first slot, so the player can access and read it when ever they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment