Wednesday 25 November 2015

GUI Art #2 -- Paper

Here, I had to design a piece of paper to be used in game. The rest of the group thought it would be a good idea for me to re create a unique piece of paper, rather than ripping (no pun intended) one off the internet. I gave it my best shot and really liked the out come. I made it so its as if it is ripped out of a manual of some sort, with all kinds of instructions, then it is further ripped in half to make it seem like the player is missing pieces.

At first, I drew out a rectangle in Photoshop, and started to erase parts away to give it the "torn" effect. Then I drew out a coffee stain to make it appear as if the piece of paper was "used" and mistreated. I then added an overlay of crinkled paper to make it appear screwed up, and not neat even though it has been torn. I added a slight brown coloring to the outer part of the paper. Then added a burn effect simply by getting a black brush and lowering the opacity slightly. Then added some slightly faded text and I was finished.



Final Design

No comments:

Post a Comment